Robbie’s Random Trip Notes
- Sun shirts > (better than) Sunscreen : no mess, better protection, creates shade so skin is cooler. Love Exofficio
- Great big industrial propane tank >> tiny butane pint cans for cooking. Instant coffee instantly!
- Cleaning dishes without running water nearby requires a great deal more skill. Manage rinse water wisely! Especially when the pump is almost a quarter mile away (Lochsa River, Idaho)
- Our 7 year old loves pumping water. This is a deal that works out well for all parties.
- Mice are crafty. They fit into the cracks around your tailgate more easily than you think. They will even eat your fancy biodegradable soap.
- Campsite showers are best followed by the use of towels. Leaving one’s towel in the truck while showering is not a good plan.
And by the way, we got up at “oh dark thirty” yesterday and drove into the park and trolled until we found a site. A few hours of pain for 5 days of gain, pretty good bargain. We’ll update on Yellowstone in a bit.